At Revix, we have strict internal security measures in place to safeguard your assets. However, it's important that you take additional precautions to prevent unauthorised access to your account, which could compromise your personal information and account balances.
Types of unauthorised access to watch out for include:- Account takeovers: Your email address and phone number are used for communication with Revix, so it's important to secure these accounts. If someone gains access to them, they could potentially access your Revix account.
Phishing: This is when criminals trick you into revealing personal information that can be used to answer security questions. Phishing can take many forms, such as fraudulent emails or websites that look like Revix's website, phone or SMS scams, and instant messaging scams. To avoid phishing attempts, always check the origin of any emails that appear to come from Revix and ensure that you're on the official Revix website (https://www.revix.com).
To help protect your account, consider implementing the following security measures:
- Strong password security: Create a unique, strong password with at least 16 characters, and don't share or reuse it on other websites. Password managers can help generate and store strong passwords.
- Protect your email account: Keep your email account secure, as it can serve as a gateway to your Revix account. Most email providers offer two-factor authentication.
- Enable Two-factor authentication (2FA) on your account, a security process that requires users to provide two different authentication factors or credentials to access an account or system. This adds an extra layer of security and makes it harder for attackers to gain unauthorised access to your accounts, even if they manage to obtain your password.
- Enable a One-time Password (OTP) on your account - a unique and temporary password that is generated for a single use and typically has a short validity period. Don't share sensitive information: Revix will never ask for your password, one-time pins (OTPs), or transaction authorisation.
- Check the URL and email domain: Always ensure that you're on the official Revix website (https://www.revix.com) and that any communication from Revix comes from an @revix.com email address.
- Ensure that the app you downloaded is the official Revix app. You can scan a QR code to direct you to the app store from our website.
- Report any suspicious activity: If you suspect unauthorised access to your account, contact us immediately to lock your account and prevent further damage.
- It's important to note that cryptocurrency transactions are typically irreversible, so it's crucial to take these precautions to avoid losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions.